Qualifying students will receive up to $1,000 towards tuition in their first semester to close any financial gap.* Additional assistance, such as the CUNY SPS Textbook Grant, may also be available.
*If a student meets the priority application deadlines for CUNY SPS admissions as well as the Career Ladders scholarship and enrolls for the Summer 2021, the scholarship will be available to eligible students for Summer and Fall 2021.
- Meet the admission requirements for the Nursing*, Health Information Management*, Health Services Administration*, or Medical Coding programs at CUNY SPS
- Carry a minimum course load of three credits each academic semester the scholarship is awarded
- Demonstrate financial need through a submitted FAFSA for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Submit a supplemental essay to confirm student commitment or contribution to the healthcare education of Black, Asian, and Latinx male-identifying health service professionals Minimum length: 300 words
- Submit a personal statement. If you submitted a personal statement for your admissions application, you may use the same personal statement again. If you did not submit a personal statement for your application, please write an essay explaining your educational and work history, current employment status, plans for after graduation, and how a scholarship would help you achieve your education and career goals. Minimum length: 250 words
*To apply for admission to the bachelor’s degree programs, students must have earned 24 or more credits from a previous regionally accredited institution.
Career Ladders Scholarship Deadline
Regular Deadline: July 6, 2021
Scholarship applicants will be reviewed for the Fall 2021 semester.