Qualifying students will receive up to $1,000 towards tuition in their first semester to close any financial gap.* Additional assistance, such as the CUNY SPS Textbook Grant, may also be available.
- Meet the admission requirements for the Nursing*, Health Information Management*, Health Services Administration*, or Medical Coding programs at CUNY SPS
- Carry a minimum course load of three credits each academic semester the scholarship is awarded
- Demonstrate financial need through a submitted FAFSA for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Submit a supplemental essay to confirm student commitment or contribution to the healthcare education of Black, Asian, and Latinx male-identifying health service professionals Minimum length: 300 words
- Submit a personal statement. If you submitted a personal statement for your admissions application, you may use the same personal statement again. If you did not submit a personal statement for your application, please write an essay explaining your educational and work history, current employment status, plans for after graduation, and how a scholarship would help you achieve your education and career goals. Minimum length: 250 words
*To apply for admission to the bachelor’s degree programs, students must have earned 24 or more credits from a previous regionally accredited institution.
Career Ladders Scholarship Deadline
Regular Deadline: December 21, 2021
Scholarship applicants will be reviewed for the Spring 2022 semester.