You are here
Returning as a Certificate Student to CUNY SPS
READMISSION POLICY & INSTRUCTIONS
Who should apply?
Past Certificate (including advance certificate) students who:
- Previously were granted admission and attended CUNY SPS
- Did not graduate
- Have not been enrolled for two or more consecutive semesters
If you meet the above criteria, you must complete an online application for readmission if seeking to return to CUNY SPS as a degree seeking certificate candidate. A student can only be readmitted to the same certificate program in which they were formerly accepted. (Those who have never applied nor have been admitted to a CUNY SPS certificate program should submit a new application for admission.)
The deadline to submit an application for Certificate Readmission for the Fall 2020 semester is Monday, August 3, 2020. Note, students who are readmitted to a certificate program may be required to attend a New Student Orientation.
How to Apply?
Readmission requirements & instructions for certificate programs:
1. First, verify that you are in good financial standing. Please contact the Bursar’s office to ensure that you do not have an outstanding balance at firstname.lastname@example.org or (646) 664-8640.
2. Create an account/complete an online application. Your application must submitted no later than August 3, 2020 for readmission to the Fall 2020 semester.
3. Submit a personal statement of at least 250 words: Your statement should explain your leave of absence and your interest in now continuing your studies. Please include this within your online application.
4. Submit a non-refundable application processing fee of $20.00. After you have completed the readmission application forms, you will be prompted to submit the required electronic payment before formally submitting your application to our office. Do not submit cash.
5. If you have attended any other institution after you left the CUNY School of Professional Studies, send an official transcript from each school attended to:
CUNY School of Professional Studies
Attn: Office of Admissions
119 West 31st Street
New York, NY 10001
6. Upon review of your application and supporting documents, a readmission decision will be rendered and sent to you. Please note the academic department retains the right to request additional information from you as part of this readmission process. If applicable, you will need to consult your certificate advisor regarding academic planning and class registration.
Questions pertaining to the certificate readmission process should be directed to email@example.com or (646) 664-8544.
Who should not apply?
- Those who have never applied nor have been admitted to a CUNY SPS certificate program.
- Students who have already earned a certificate or degree from CUNY SPS and are now interested in pursuing a new degree and/or certificate, should submit an admissions application for the new program in which they are interested.