You are here
Returning as a Graduate Student to CUNY SPS
READMISSION POLICY & INSTRUCTIONS
Graduate Degree Programs
Who should apply?
Past Graduate (Master of Art or Master of Science) students who:
- Previously were granted admission and attended CUNY SPS
- Did not graduate
- Have not been enrolled for two or more consecutive semesters
If you meet the above criteria, you must complete an online application if seeking to return to CUNY SPS as a degree seeking Master’s candidate. A student can only be readmitted to the same Master’s program in which they were formerly accepted. (Those who have never applied nor been admitted to a CUNY SPS Master’s program should submit a new application for graduate admission.)
The deadline to submit an application for Graduate Readmission for the Fall 2021 semester is Thursday, August 5, 2021. Note, students who are readmitted to a Graduate degree program may be required to attend a New Student Orientation.
How to Apply?
Readmission requirements & instructions for graduate degree programs:
1. First, verify that you are in good financial standing: Please contact the Bursar’s office to ensure that you do not have an outstanding balance at firstname.lastname@example.org, 646-664-8640.
2. Create an account and complete the online application. Your application must be submitted no later than Thursday, August 5, 2021 for readmission to the Fall 2021 semester.
3. Submit a personal statement of at least 250 words: Your statement should explain your leave of absence and your interest in now continuing your graduate studies. Please include this within your online application.
4. Submit a non-refundable application processing fee of $20.00: After you have completed the readmission application forms, you will be prompted to submit the required electronic payment before formally submitting your application to our office. Do not submit cash.
5. If you have attended any other institution after you left the CUNY School of Professional Studies, send an official transcript from each school attended to:
CUNY School of Professional Studies
Attn: Office of Admissions
119 West 31st Street
New York, NY 10001
6. Upon review of your application and supporting documents, a readmission decision will be rendered and sent to you. Please note the graduate department retains the right to request additional information from you as part of this readmission process. If applicable, you will need to consult your graduate advisor regarding academic planning and class registration.
Questions pertaining to the Graduate readmission process should be directed to email@example.com or (646) 664-8544.
Who should not apply?
Those who have never applied nor been admitted to a CUNY SPS Master’s program should submit a new application for graduate admission
Students who have already earned a certificate or degree from CUNY SPS and are now interested in pursuing a new degree program, should submit an admissions application for the new program in which they are interested.
Certificate students (undergraduate or graduate level) who previously attended CUNY SPS and are now seeking to return to finish their program should contact their respective academic department for information on returning to CUNY SPS.