You are here
Returning to CUNY SPS
READMISSION POLICY & INSTRUCTIONS
Undergraduate Degree Programs
Who should apply?
Undergraduate students who:
- previously attended the CUNY School of Professional Studies,
- did not graduate, and
- have been out of school for two or more consecutive semesters
Please complete the online application if seeking to return to CUNY SPS as a degree seeking student. Students who are readmitted to an undergraduate online degree program are required to attend the New Student Online Orientation. The deadline to submit an application for readmission is fourteen business days prior to the start of Orientation.
Students who earned a certificate or degree from CUNY SPS and are interested in pursuing a new program should not complete this form, but should file an application for the program they wish to complete.
Readmission requirements & instructions for undergraduate degree programs:
- First, verify that you are in good financial standing: Please contact the Bursar’s office to ensure that you do not have an outstanding balance at email@example.com, 646.664.8640.
- Complete the online readmission application: Your application must be submitted no later than fourteen business days prior to the start of Orientation.
- Submit a personal statement of at least 250 words: Your statement should explain your leave of absence and your interest in now continuing your undergraduate studies. Please include this within your online application.
- Submit a non-refundable application processing fee of $20.00: After you have completed the readmission application, you will be prompted to submit the required electronic payment. Do not submit cash.
- If you have attended any other institution after you left the CUNY School of Professional Studies, send an official transcript from each school attended to:
CUNY School of Professional Studies
Attn: Office of Admissions
119 West 31st Street
New York, NY 10001
- Upon review of your application and supporting documents, a readmission decision will be rendered and sent to you.
Questions pertaining to the readmission process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 652-2869.