You are here
A student is entitled to a full refund of tuition and non-instructional fees (where applicable) in the event that courses are cancelled or a student's registration is cancelled by the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS).
For students who wish to drop a course, a proportionate refund of tuition may be made as outlined below and can be found within the Academic Calendar. For mailed requests, the postmark date determines qualification for the refund. Refunds will be made in the form of initial payment. Students enrolled under special program initiatives may have adjusted refund dates. No fees are refunded due to withdrawal.
Drop/withdrawal from course (fall and spring semesters only)
- Drop before the official starting day of classes for the semester - 100%
- Drop within one week of the official starting day of classes for the semester - 75%
- Drop within two weeks of the official starting day of classes for the semester - 50%
- Drop within three weeks of the official starting day of classes for the semester - 25%
- Withdrawal subsequent to the third week of the official starting day of classes for the semester - none
- For courses that meet for less than 15 weeks: the refund policy will be published with the class schedule
This schedule is not applicable to withdrawals due to the military, Peace Corps, or leaves for other national service, and is subject to change by action of the Board of Trustees of The City University of New York (CUNY). If any of the above circumstances are the basis for your withdrawal, please contact the Office of the Bursar at (646) 664-8640 or at email@example.com.
For online Seminars on Science courses offered in collaboration with the American Museum of Natural History: this policy relates to the tuition and fees of CUNY SPS only. For CUNY degree-seeking students, refunds will be given based upon the following schedule:
- If the course is dropped between registration and the official start date for the course, the refund will be 100%
- If the course is dropped during the first week of the class, the refund will be 50%
- If the course is dropped after the first week of the class, there will be no refund
Note that the Museum reserves the right to enforce its refund policy for fees paid directly to the Museum.
If you have further questions, please contact the Office of the Bursar at (646) 664-8640 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.